Global Pitching Academy is a month-long training program for emerging film talents based in Korea to develop their projects and international producing skills with tutors. In the Young Pitch, participants will present their achievements to the public and three winning projects will get cash prizes. Five teams will have a chance to participate in a special training program and IDFA Forum in Amsterdam.
- O The Entire Process
Submit the entry form>Announce finalists (July 2020) > Participate a training workshop in Korea (July-August 2020) > Join at Young Pitch (A one-day pitch presentation during EIDF Industry) > Participate special training programs at IDFA (November 2020) > Submit the final report
- O Venue
Designated locations in Seoul and Goyang including the EBS Space Gonggam and the Aram Nuri Library, Korea
- O Number of Finalists
10 teams (consisting of the director and producer)
O Academy’s Goals
- • Structuring the initial film idea into the compelling project
- • One-on-one tutoring with documentary professionals
- • Visualize the story and make a trailer
- • Pitch the project
- O Support Details
- • Finalists will join training workshops and a public pitching event in Korea
- • Five winning teams in the Young Pitch will have opportunities to participate in a special training program and the IDFA forum at Amsterdam.
* The program will support participants’ airfare, accommodations, and training at IDFA, and IDFA forum badges
- • Three winning teams in the Young Pitch will receive a cash prize of 5 to 10 million KRW on each.
- * Details of schedules, curriculum, and mentors will be announced later
- * The special training at IDFA could be changed depending on COVID 19’s situation.
- • Looking for a project in the development or the production stage with 30% or less
- • For first- or second-time directors and producers without any experience in the international pitches
- • Applicants should be with advanced-level or higher English proficiency and qualified for traveling overseas.
3. HOW TO APPLY
- 12Th June (17:00, Korean Standard Time) is a submission deadline.
※ The deadline strictly enforced and expire at 17:00 Korean Standard Time on the designated date.
- Check on the application guidelines at the<Submission>page > Download and complete the required documents > Submit all applications to EIDF Industry by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
※ Please, attach a trailer file with mp4 format in the e-mail.
- O Required Documents
- ① A personal Information consent form[in the form attached]
- ② An entry form (including the participation agreement and personal statement) [in the form attached]
- ③ A proposal (well written, clear proposals with synopsis, director’s note,treatment, production schedule, budget, financial plan, filmography, and so on, in max. 10 pages)
- ④ 3 stills from the project
- ⑤ A trailer (up to 3 minutes in the 1920*1080, MP4 format)
- O Selection Process
- All written applications will be reviewed by the selection committee.
(As need, interviews shall be required.)
- • The finalists MUST attend a month-long training programand the final pitching event from July to August.
- • All participants to join a training program in Amsterdam MUST submit the “Final Report” within two weeks after completed.
- • Participants are not allowed to be absent or leave from the training workshops without any notices.Those who break the rules will be restricted to participate in the other programs funded by the Ministry of Science and ICT in the future.
- • The cash prize will be granted to recipients after deducting withholding tax (3.3%).
- • Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
- • If the applicant doesn’t use the designated forms or submit all required documents, applications may be excluded from the selection process.
- • With a negotiation, great projects with potentials may be aired on EBS.
- • This program is supported by the Broadcasting and Communication Development Fund from the Ministry of Science and ICT of Korea.
- • All details mentioned above may be changed depending on the COVID19’s situation.
- EIDF Industry Team
- GPA is supported by the Ministry of Science and ICT,
organized by EBS International Documentary Festival (EIDF) & the Korea Radio Promotion Association
(RAPA) and sponsored by the Seoul Business Agency (SBA)