The First Cut is an intensive editing program for Korean filmmakers to define their rough cut and build its storyline with experienced international editors. With one-on-one consultancy, the director and producer will reach their first cut for 5 days.
- O Date : August 2020
- * Details of schedules and mentors will be announced in May.
- O Venue : Seoul and Goyang City in Korea
- O Number of finalists : 6 teams
O Support Details
- • The selected 6 teams will be provided with a one-on-one consultancy with international editors.
- • If need, English subtitling service (SBA) will be supported.
- • During the academy, participants will present their developed cuts to sharetheir experience and join masterclasses to broaden the editing spectrum.
- • A project in the rough-cut stage
- • Open to all Korean teams (consisting of a director and a producer or an editor)
- • Advanced-level or higher English proficiency needs.
3. HOW TO APPLY
- 28Th June (17:00, Korean Standard Time) is a submission deadline.
※ The deadline strictly enforced and expire at 17:00 Korean Standard Time on the designated date.
- Check on the application guidelines at the<Submission>page > Download and complete the required documents > Submit all applications to EIDF Industry by e-mail (email@example.com)
※ Please, attach a trailer file with mp4 format in the e-mail.
- O Required Documents
- ① A personal Information consent form[in the form attached]
- ② An entry form (including the participation agreement and personal statement) [in the form attached]
- ③ A proposal (well written, clear proposals with synopsis, director’s note, treatment, production schedule, budget, financial plan, filmography, and soon, in max. 10 pages)
- ④ 3 stills from the project
- ⑤ A trailer (up to 3 minutes in the 1920*1080, MP4 format)
- ⑥ A link to the rough cut (Maximum 2 hours-cut with a storyline)
- O Selection Process
- All written applications will be reviewed by the selection committee.
(As need, interviews shall be required.)
- • Participants are not allowed to be absent or leave from the training workshops without any notices. Violators will be restricted to join the next edition of EIDF’s industry programs.
- • Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
- • If the applicant doesn’t use the designated forms or submit all required documents, applications may be excluded from the selection process.
- • With a negotiation, great projects with potentials may be aired on EBS.
- • The consultancy may be provided online depending on COVID 19’s situation.
- EIDF Industry Team
- The First Cut is developed by BODA MEDIA GROUP & SJM Cultural Foundation, partner with Jeonju International Film Festival and organized by EBS International Documentary Festival (EIDF)