EBS Prime Pitch is EBS special commissioning presentation to support distinctive world-class content for Korean and international filmmakers and producers. EBS team will select middle-length documentaries to meet the strand’s objectives, EBS Docu-Prime. Out of 6 finalists, 4 winning teams will get a licensor fee, KRW 20,000,000 on each, and must broadcast their films in EBS within a year.
1. SUPPORT DETAILS
- O EBS Docu-prime Special Commissioning Project
- Total commissioning amount : 80,000,000 KRW
- Number of final selections : 4 projects (20,000,000 KRW on each)
- ※ The commissioning amount and the number of recipients will be decided by the EBS Docu-prime commissioner through the pitch.
O Commissioning Conditions
- • Recipients must submit the approximately 55-minute-long documentaries to be broadcasted on EBS Docu-prime within one year after contracting.
- • ‘EBS’ should be credited to the final master with logos.
O Selection Process
- • All written applications will be reviewed by the selection committee. (As need, interviews shall be required.)
- ※ Project teams get 15 minutes total for their presentation; the pitch, including visual materials such as a trailer, lasts 7 minutes; the following 8 minutes are set aside for feedback from the panel.
- ※ A presentation of international participants will be translated into English sequentially.
- ※ Applications in EBS-Prime Pitch are separately selected by the EBS’s team, so the applicants may be eligible to apply for other pitch programs and to be awarded with a single project.
- • Middle-length documentaries (referred as EBS version)
- • Korean directors and producers OR international co-production projects with Korean partners
- • International projects without Koreans are eligible to apply
- ※ For international participants, the airfare and accommodations for ONE of the team will be supported.
3. HOW TO APPLY
- 12Th June (17:00, Korean Standard Time) is a submission deadline
※ The deadline strictly enforced and expire at 17:00 Korean Standard Time on the designated date.
- Check on the application guidelines at the<Submission>page > Download and complete the required documents > Submit all applications to EIDF Industry by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
※ Please, attach a trailer file with mp4 format in the e-mail.
- O Required Documents
- ① A personal Information consent form[in the form attached]
- ② An entry form (including the participation agreement) [in the form attached]
- ③ A proposal (well written, clear proposals with synopsis, director’s note, treatment, production schedule, budget, financial plan, filmography, and soon, in max. 10 pages)
- ④ 3 stills from the project
- ⑤ A trailer (up to 3 minutes in the 1920*1080, MP4 format)
- ⑥ An EIDF Budget Template [in the form attached]
- ※ Applicants for both H!-Docs Pitch and EBS Prime Pitch with a single project only submit the H!-Docs Pitch Budget template.
- ※ Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant.
- ※ If the applicant doesn’t use the designated forms or submit all required documents, applications may be excluded from the selection process.
- • It would be possible to extend the delivery date for up to one year with a prior agreement with the EBS team.
- • The master delivery is delayed without any notice, the fee paid must be returned.
- • The production teams must resolve copyright issues before the delivery.
- • Recipients will have a contract with the EBS Docu-prime team within 1 month after the announcement.
- EIDF Industry Team
- * Inquiries on contracting: +EBS Docu-prime Team
- EBS Prime Pitch is organized by EBS International Documentary Festival (EIDF) & EBS.